So you think cinnamon cream-cheese rolls are difficult to make?
I had just gotten done with my exams, on an endless rainy morning ,when I came across the idea of cinnamon cream-cheese rolls on Pinterest. I saw the lovely photos and decided that I had to make this right away! This is the perfect thing for a lazy weekend breakfast because it is easy and quick to make, and tastes absolutely great as well.
My rolls don’t resemble perfectly smooth roll-ups, because the bread that I used didn’t have exact square pieces, therefore I had to improvise by trying to trim the crust off neatly. I failed miserably and somehow forgot to dip the ends in the cinnamon sugar. Oh well.
That didn’t stop them from tasting so good.
Here is how I did it:
Cream-cheese – 250 grams (softened)
Sugar – 1 cup
Butter – ¼ cup melted
Sugar – ¼ cup
Cinnamon powder – 1 tsp
White bread – 1 loaf
1. Remove the crusts from each slice of bread with a sharp knife. Using a rolling pin, roll about 20 pieces of bread as flat as possible, without tearing them.
2. Preheat the oven to 180 Celsius. Combine the cream cheese and a cup sugar in a bowl. Set this mixture aside.
3. Combine ¼ cup sugar and cinnamon powder in a bowl and set it aside.
4. Melt butter in a small bowl. Place about one tablespoon of cream-cheese mixture onto a slice of bread and roll it up. Dip the roll in butter and roll it into the cinnamon mixture. Place the roll on a greased cookie sheet. Repeat with all the slices of bread.
5. Bake for about 20 minutes or until crispy on the outside. Serve hot.
I hope you enjoy the cinnamon cream-cheese rolls as much as I did.
All Photos: Tasmeea K
This post originally appeared here.
The views expressed by the writer and the reader comments do not necessarily reflect the views and policies of The Express Tribune.