10 reasons why Ian Somerhalder should win the Peoples Choice Awards
Most of you know him as Damon Salvatore from The Vampire Diaries (TVD) while some of you might know him as Boone Carlyle from Lost season one.
So all of you know how amazing he is.
Here are my 10 reasons for why Ian Somerhalder deserves to win the 2014 Peoples Choice Award.
1) He uses his fame for good causes. He organised the Ian Somerhalder Foundation (ISF) which focuses on the global conservation of habitats, green energy and animals, alongside educating people on the importance of protecting the environment.They collaborate with different non-profit organisations, people and projects to positively impact the planet. Isn’t that astounding?
2) He’s the perfect example of a humanitarian. He supports various charities and foundations, such as the Alzheimer’s Association, Elton John AIDS Foundation and The Trevor Project, a nonprofit venture established to promote acceptance of gay and questioning teenagers, and to aid in suicide prevention among that group.
I feel so sorry for his haters. I mean how can one hate a man like this?
3) He plays an exemplary role of the bad boy vampire. Playing Damon Salvatore, he’s the reason many people love The Vampire Diaries (TVD), especially the ladies.
4) His eyes take over you and then you’re completely spell bounded. Come on, even the TVD haters can’t deny that Ian and his eyes are irresistible. Ladies and gentleman, the owner of these eyes definitely deserves a prize!
5) I just love the way he influences young people to take part in environmental projects which most people find boring. In an interview he goes on to say,
“With the IS Foundation, we have the ability to speak to young people and empower people in a collaborative spirit. Activate them, educate them. And all of a sudden, now, you have this army of empowered activated young people who are compassionate, going out into the world and spreading all of this. And literally, adopting a more holistic framework about life.”
I’m literally sleeping in class when the teacher starts giving lectures on environmental projects but when it come to him, I can watch Somerhalder’s videos about these projects the entire day and find them interesting!
This is probably the same case with most of his fans, also known as ‘Somerholics’. And I am not just saying this, the projects really are great.
— ian somerhalder (@iansomerhalder) December 4, 2013
6) He helped the victims of the Typhoon Haiyan, which caused severe destruction in Philippines. He did this by donating money and assisting in any way possible. He also played a big role in cleaning up after the Deepwater Horizon oil drilling disaster on April 22, 2010. People could learn a lot from him.
My heart is weeping right now.To all of you in the Philippines,we're coming to help.The destruction you are enduring has the world with you!
— ian somerhalder (@iansomerhalder) November 14, 2013
7) A man like him should be a role model for humans everywhere. He puts the needs of others before his own needs.
8) He adores and loves all animals. One of the areas of focus of the ISF is to stand up for cruelty and empower ‘No Kill’ animal shelters. He has several rescue cats at home and recently rescued a dog wandering on the streets near the TVD set.
9) Last year, he lost the “International Green Awards” but won the award for the ‘Most Responsible Celebrity’ for his work on renewable energy. Somerhalder is involved with a start-up company called Go Green Mobile Power, which makes mobile solar, wind and bio-diesel generators in hopes to provide off-grid power for everything from the film industry to disaster relief overseas.
I think he deserves to win this time considering all the effort he has been putting in.
10) He’d look great on stage while receiving the award and doing that eye thing.
So I think all the ‘Somerholics’ will agree with me when I say that this amazing actor and humanitarian should win the 2014 Peoples Choice Awards.
The views expressed by the writer and the reader comments do not necessarily reflect the views and policies of The Express Tribune.